Monday, August 10, 2009

Jones Family Reunion July 30 and 31

Every 2 years we have a Jones Family Reunion. My mom has 4 brothers plus herself (see picture below). My mom's closest brother is 13 years older then her. She kind of grew up as an only child. As a result of her being the youngest by so much I use to dread these reunions because most of my cousins on my mom's side were "old". Okay not that old, but their kids were our age. But as I have gotten older I really enjoy these reunions. This year was great. How they decide who is in charge of the reunion is they rotate every time and this year was my mom's turn. She did such an awesome job. It was pretty low key...we went to Lions park and hung out, played soccer, played on the playground, played basketball, played board games, played kickball, swam in the pool, ate good food and enjoyed each other company. On the last night we had a small program were everyone told how they were doing. It was great to have on update! Trevor and I playing with a basketball.
Jeff and Mallory playing catch.Jeana and Brooke hanging out watching the program.
The kids hanging out together.
People hanging out together...
...watching/listening to the program.
It was fun to be home and help my mom with all the preparation and to help carry out the reunion plans! Nick wasn't able to make it because he had to go to Flaming George. While I was at my parent's house I get this call from Nick telling me he is in the hospital in Rock Springs. Here is what happened... he was on the boat and he had this awful pain that wouldn't go away and it was getting worse. So they (he and his co workers) docked the boat and called the ambulance. The paramedics drugged him up and went to the hospital. Once at the hospital they figured out he had a kidney stone. So nick stayed in the hospital for a few hours and then went to a hotel. I wasn't able to go to Rock Springs to pick him up so his mom did. Thanks so much Cyndi for your help. The doctors said he would just have to watch to see if he could pass it by himself. So Nick is just waiting hoping it passes sooner then later.

No comments: