Monday, August 10, 2009

First family camping trip

New tent means one things...
...first family camping trip. Our ward had a camp out and we thought it would be fun to take Trevor. It was at the Willows in Lehi. I loved that we didn't have to go to far so if it didn't work out we could just come home. Also, no ticks was a huge plus. We had a great time and look forward to next year!
Trevor's favorite thing to do while we were there...throwing grass on Dad and
playing with the rocks! What a little boy!
Mom and Trevor inside the tent Saturday morning. We took Trevor's pack and play and he slept great in it.
Funny side story...during the night, I woke up to some funny noises outside, I was so scared. I thought what could be lurking outside the tent (remember we were in Lehi so not too many wild animals, but my mind was going crazy with what I thought it could be...maybe a bear, a crazy person, a snake, the possibilities were endless!) I woke Nick up and said did you hear that he said yes and tried to reassure me it was nothing. Well, I kept hearing it and I told Nick get your flashlight and find out what it is so he opened the window and shined his flashlight out and guess what it was...a cow. There was a field right by our tent and he was eating a midnight snack. It was so funny! I still chuckle about it.

No comments: