Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jacob's Story...

Three weeks before Jacob was born I had a doctors appointment. The doctor checked me and said he wouldn't be surprised if I had an 09' baby. Well, I left that appointment nervous and excited: nervous because I didn't have everything ready yet (I am a last minute kind of gal) and excited to finally meet this little guy. Well, three weeks later I was still pregnant. The doctor scheduled me to be induced. I was induced with Trevor and it went great so it didn't bother me to be induced with this baby. I actually prefer it rather then having a baby on the side of the road (my labors go pretty fast once my water breaks). We, (Nick, my mom, and myself) arrived at the hospital at 5 AM Friday morning. I got checked in and was started on the lowest dose of Pitocin at 6 AM. When the nurse was checking me in she asked "did you have a little breakfast before you came?" I said "no", she said "you should have because it could be a really long day and I can't give you anything to eat."...she was shocked, because, it wasn't a long day. Nick's mom Cyndi arrived at about 6:45 AM. My doctor came in at 7 AM and broke my water. By 7:30AM I was ready for the epidural (I was dilated to an eight). The epidural was painful this time for me (with Trevor it wasn't), he had to go through a ligament trying to get the drugs in the right spot and he had to try twice. Also, labor went quickly so I needed another dose of medicine for my epidural because it didn't kick in fast enough. Jacob Henry made his arrival at 8:21 AM. He was a healthy baby boy. He weighed 8 lbs. 8 ounces and was 21 inches long. The first time I held him in my arms it was a very sweet moment. He is such an amazing, special little boy. We stayed at the hospital 2 days. While in the hospital this time around with Jacob, I didn't have all the anxiety and break downs I had with Trevor (the only time I cried in the hospital was over a toilet!) We had some visitors and just enjoyed our new addition. Because of the H1N1 Trevor wasn't allowed to come to the hospital to see/meet Jacob. My mom watched Trevor the first day and Cyndi watched Trevor the second day. Thanks so much for your help.

Me, getting checked in...

My first time holding Jacob


Jacob getting weighed


Nick holding Jacob after he was all cleaned up.


Grandma Wadsworth
Grandma Cyndi


Jeana and I with Jacob in my hospital room.

Uncle Shawn

Aunt Britiany and Uncle Heath


(Other visitor's that came, but forgot to get pictures...Grandpa Brad, Liz, Holli, Chris and Lacy. Grandpa Kim wasn't able to make it to the hospital, but he came the day we brought Jacob home.)Grandpa Kim

2 comments:

Angie said...

He is precious! You will love having two boys and I'm sure they will be best buddies :) Congrats again!

Emily M said...

You are totally amazing. What a great little mommy.