Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009:
I had on my to do list for December lots of things to make and do for Christmas. Well, as the month went quickly many of those things dropped off my list. I did get the chance to make the advent calendar you see in the picture. I got the idea off a friend's blog (thanks Kristy). You make it with a mini muffin tin and then on Christmas morning you make muffins. I love how it turned out and can't wait till next year when i can use it for the whole time.

Christmas Eve:
On Christmas Eve we invited Nick's Dad, and his brother Shawn and his son Jackson to come over for dinner. It was a nice evening.
Jackson and Trevor playing the piano.

Trevor and Jackson opened a couple gifts on Christmas Eve. One gift they received Nick had picked out: it was hot wheels monster trucks-- the boys loved them. (All the boys loved them! Nick, Shawn, and Kim probably played with them as much as Trevor and Jackson did.) I had wanted to make the boys a Cars quilt for Christmas but it was one of the things I dropped off my list. So Nick said he would go pick out a toy for them. I am sure glad he did (my quilt would have been boring compared to those trucks) Jackson and Trevor just raced back and forth all night with these trucks, it was really cute.

Trevor with Grandpa Kim Christmas Eve. Notice Trevor has his trucks with him!

Christmas:
I still have the great pleasure of making cinnamon rolls Christmas morning so I woke up bright and early to start making them. Also, I didn't get a chance to watch Little Women Christmas Eve because we went to bed really late so while the dough was rising I watched it (in fast forward). At about 8:30 AM the house was awake and we started opening gifts. It was fun! Trevor loved opening gifts this year much more then last year.
Trevor opening a gift with Grandpa Kim

Trevor wearing his apron he got from Grandma Wadsworth (I am on the phone coordinating breakfast with Jeana). My mom made all the grandkids aprons this year. They turned out so cute!
After gifts: Jeana, Rob, and Brooke came over for our annual Christmas breakfast. This year Kim, Heath, and Britiani joined us. It was so fun. We had lots of great food! After the food we went downstairs to play the Wii.
Here we are in our Christmas PJ's. I started this last year (where I make each of us pajamas bottoms that match) and I really wanted to keep it going so I made sure this stayed on the to do list.
After Christmas breakfast we headed down to Provo for dinner at Grandma's house. It was fun to spend the afternoon with Grandma Cyndi and Grandpa Brad. We enjoyed each other company and watched some movies. Trevor loved watching Tarzan!
Trevor with Grandma Cyndi and Grandpa Brad
Our family Christmas day!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: