Sunday, January 11, 2015

Swimming at Cub Run

Some friends of ours invited us to go swimming the first Saturday in January for their son's birthday.  It was at a rec center in Chantilly called Cub Run.  Ellie and Nick weren't feeling well so they stayed home and I took the boys.  
We had a great time!      
Every hour you have to get out for 10 mins. so this is a picture of the first time we got out.
This rec center had 2 slides that you could go down if you were 48 inches or taller.  Trevor loves going down slides so he went down the first one and loved it.  I asked him if he was going down the second one and he said no because it was a pitch black slide that went outside and he didn't want to.  I said are you sure, you love slides and he hummed and hawwed and said okay I will try it.  

Well, I watched for him to get done and when he exited the slide he flexed his arms and said yah to himself (I had him do it again when he got back to me, see picture below)!  it was so cute to see!  He then looked over at me and just smiled and smiled.  He loved it, so, he went and did it again!   
Jacob loved doing the playground slide and going in the lazy river.  

And here we are ready to leave!  

I am so glad we got to go!  There was a moment of panic when we were leaving and Trevor said "mom, where is my hat?" (his new flat bill hat he got for Christmas that he LOVES!)  I said "I don't know Trevor you never gave it to me."  And he said "yes I did!"  I didn't have it.  Luckily, someone had turned it in to the front desk.  

  



1 comment:

Tara said...

Julie!!! I'm delighted to see so many posts on here! It's great to see pics of your cute family.

I love that Trevor flexed and was proud of himself for doing the big slide.

And, how cute what you tell Ellie about her hair. :)

Looks like you're all busy and enjoying fun things together.