Monday, January 5, 2015

Family Bike Ride

The Saturday after Christmas the weather was so mild that we decided to go on a family bike ride.  It was such a fun afternoon spent outside!  There is a trail (W&OD) close to our house so that is where we headed.  The last time we went on this trail was on Nick's birthday and it poured rain on us!  There was no rain today.   
Trevor ready to go...
 Nick putting Jacob's bike on his bike.  Jacob loves this bike, as do I!
 We rode for about 2.5 miles and all went great, Ellie was getting a little restless so we decided to stop to walk around for a few minutes before we headed back.    

Well, when it was time to get back on our bikes...Ellie was not ready to go.  Boy, was she mad!
 She cried and screamed for about 2 miles on the way back.  I was singing wheels on the bus, five little monkeys, itsy bitsy spider anything to get her happy...I tried playing I spy with her...but nothing worked.  We got a couple funny looks from other bikers on the trail.  

We made it back to the van.




 Even with Ellie being so mad, I am so glad that we went on a bike ride...it was fun spending time together.  On the way home we were going to pass a frozen yogurt shop and I asked Nick if we could stop and he said great idea. It was so fun, I am glad we stopped! 

With all the different types of yogurt and toppings you could get, Jacob choose just plain vanilla!  

 I asked Trevor to take a picture of Nick and I and I said "make sure you get the yogurt cups"...this is the pic he took, he got the yogurt cups!  It made me laugh. 
 Take two pic.  

 Ellie eating her yogurt. 
 She seems so grown up to me!  


I just love my family!  What a fun afternoon it was!  

No comments: