Monday, January 5, 2015

Quick trip to Utah/Idaho and my birthday!

At the beginning of December I had the chance to go to Utah/Idaho on a long weekend.  My sister was coming home from her mission from Argentina and it worked out for me to go see her for a couple days in Idaho!  Nick was able to take a few days off work to watch the kids and I was off.  I was flying into Salt Lake City on Wednesday so that Jeana and I could drive up to Idaho on Thursday.  

Once my mom got my sisters itinerary she realized that I was flying into Salt Lake at 10:20 am and Janessa, or Sister Wadsworth was flying into Salt Lake to transfer planes to Boise at 10:30 so if it all worked out I was going to be able to surprise her at the airport...and it did!!!!  Except, she saw me first, which was still great!  It was so fun to see her and chat with her a few minutes before she headed to Boise.  

Wednesday I was able to hang out with Jeana's girls, go to Provo to see Nick's mom, drop off a cake mix to Sarah, and that night go to dinner and book club with some friends.  

It was so fun that it worked out to have book club while I was in town.  I have been in this book club for almost 8 years and I just love these ladies!  We have been through a lot during these last 8 years and I look forward to many more years to come!  Not everyone could make it but it was so fun chatting and catching up...it felt like I hadn't even been gone!    

Thursday morning Jeana and I woke up bright and early and headed to Boise (Jayne came along as well).  It was such a wonderful weekend with family!  It was neat to hear about Janessa's experiences on her mission...she had a great 18 months.   It worked out that all of my siblings were in town and it was so fun hanging out with them.  We saw my niece and nephew play basketball games, saw my sister's new house, had Thanksgiving dinner (my mom postponed it a week), played frisbee golf, celebrated my Dad's, Jeana's and I's birthday, took family pictures...it was a fast, quick, wonderful weekend!  

Josh putting candles on Jeana's and I's birthday cake.    

Just hanging out...







Jeana and I were a little sad that we weren't going to be able to celebrate our birthdays together this year...we hadn't missed a year yet...but it worked out this year that we were together.  Not sure how it will work out next year....but we will see.  

Frisbee golf...team 1.
  
and team 2.
 And team 2 was the winning team!  It was a close game, back and forth the whole time, but on the last hole we were victorious!  I had a 20 yard putt that went in, threw the frisbee from the road twice, and it started raining!  It was so great!  

Family pictures with all 10 of us!!

I love my family!


I flew home late Sunday night and the next day was my birthday!  Nick made me not one cake but two, made an awesome Cafe Rioesque dinner and I got to hang out with my family!  It was a fantastic birthday!  





No comments: