Friday, March 23, 2012

Liam The Leprechaun

We had a great St. Patrick's day at our house! Liam the Leprechaun came a made a little mess and left a little candy--the boys loved it...Trevor loved seeing the messes Liam made and Jacob loved collecting the candy! The trail of candy went from mess to mess ...he dumped the books from our bookshelf, he turned over the dining room chairs, he turned our milk green (Trevor loved this!), and then he went downstairs and dumped out the Lego's, messed up the cushions on the couch and turned the kids table over!

Here is Trevor amid all the mess downstairs (our Leprechaun is a very neat mess.er.up.er :)) If you notice in the very far corner there is a note and letter from Liam the Leprechaun to the boys.
Jacob with his stash of candy...he didn't even look at the messes, he would find a piece of candy and run it over to his pile...it was so funny!

Mom and Trevor reading the letter from Liam.

The note and letter from Liam. (sidenote...The leprechaun stayed up very late to write this letter and I am not sure it had the effect the Leprechaun was hoping for, but I think he will leave it year after year with a few modifications. Also, I love that our Leprechaun's name is Liam...because it is short for William.)

Our St. Patrick's Day breakfast...Nick wanted to make green eggs and ham; so he did. And then we also had Lucky Charms, fruit kabobs, and green milk! It was delicious!

That night I tried to make something "Irishish" for dinner...I decided on shepherds pie minus the lamb meat (I used hamburger). It was a great idea in theory (I like shepherds pie), but I tried a new recipe and it wasn't good at all...thanks for eating it though Nick! For dessert we decorated fruit pizzas shaped like a rainbow.

Here are the boys getting ready to start...
Trevor taking a bite. This is the only bite he took, he didn't like it.
Jacob eating the frosting. This is all he ate, but he loved it!
Until next year Liam the Leprechaun!

3 comments:

Crystal Nelson said...

so fun Liam the Leprechaun! I think my kids were eager to set up traps and everything, but we did not get a chance. I was doing stuff for Cameron's birthday that I did not get a chance to make a trap and then have Liam come visit us! Cute stuff!

Jason and Jaymee England said...

Such a cute idea! Looks like those cute little boys had so much fun!

Bryson and Tara said...

This is adorable! Julie, you really amaze me. I didn't even remember to dress my kids in green... ;)