Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Let's Eat Out!"

At the beginning of February, our stake had a wonderful opportunity to listen to Elder Dallin H. Oaks for our Saturday evening Stake Conference Adult Session. It was such a neat experience to listen to him talk. Cyndi and Brad came to watch the boys so that Nick and I could go together.

I am not the best story teller so I won't try to retell his stories (except the last one), but I am going to put down a couple of reminders for myself so that if I read this in twenty years I might be able to remember what he talked about...
1.) Trust in the Lord and go forward with faith. Make a commitment and then do it.
2.) The shower story (praying)...this story was so funny (you just had to be there!)
3.) Executive secretary conversion story...broken back.
4.) Scripture Annie...Temple Square newsletter
5.) "Our church is not a retirement home"...
6.) "Now the Lord knows where I stand"...a tattoo cut out of a hand ( by Elder Spencer Condie)
7.) Now the story I am going to try to retell:
Elder Oaks told us 5 things a husband should say to his wife: love you, sorry, yes dear, you look good in that, and we can't afford it. And then after one stake conference after he had told these a women came up to him and said "Elder Oaks, I know the best three words a husband can say to his wife when he walks in the door." Elder Oaks said, "Oh, what is it"...thinking he knew all along what the three words were 'I love you'. But then the women replies..."lets eat out!" I just started to laugh, and I turned to Nick and said those are the best three words a husband can say when he walks in the door!

Now fast forward to Valentine's day...Nick had to go out of town for business, but, in the middle of the day he sent me a text that said, "Here is your valentine's gift-three words-let's eat out! Be prepared to eat out for dinner. I will let you know where a little later but it will be about 5:00!" It was so cute, sweet and made me smile! I was a bit confused because he wasn't home so I wasn't really sure how it was going to work out, but what he did was he ordered take out for me and the boys from one of my favorite places to eat...Zupas, and I just had to go pick it up! It was such a great gift for me, I loved it! (side note: I didn't even have to go pick it up, Holli Murphy did because she got take out as well and we had dinner together because Mike was out of town. Thanks Holli for picking up the food and for hanging out with us!)

No comments: