Friday, January 25, 2013

Introducing...

The long anticipated day had come for our family...was it going to be a boy or a girl?!

It was a girl!!!
Ellie Reese Williams

Here are Nick and I in the delivery room.  I am all hooked up and ready to go-- I was induced.
The hardest part of the labor was getting the IV.  They had to try 5 times, other then that, it went smoothly...I started pit at about 9:45 AM and she made her arrival at about noon.
Right when she was delivered, the doctor held her up to me and asked "well, what it is?"  and I looked and yelled "It's a girl!"  and then I yelled, laughed, cried some more...it is a girl!  I was very shocked to say the least--I really thought we were having a boy, so I was very surprised when she was a girl! 
 My mom and Cyndi in the delivery room (as well as Jeana.)
 Ellie getting weighed.  She was so little compared to my other two boys.
 Her first bath!
  
 All cleaned up.  She is a good mix of Trevor and Jacob.
 

 Trevor meeting his sister for the first time.  Jacob had a cold so we didn't bring him to the hospital.
Nick holding his daughter.
Me holding Ellie...
 Trevor came up on the second day to visit as well.
 Ellie all dressed up and ready to go home!
Jacob meeting his sister for the first time.  The boys just love her.   
 Jeana and my mom made this welcome home banner!
 We are excited that Ellie is in our home.  There is a lot more pink in our house now, which is so fun!   

2 comments:

Elmer said...

Ellie is adorable! And her spikey hair is awesome. :)

Bryson and Tara said...

Congrats again! Sorry to hear about the IV. Yikes! But, I'm delighted you had such a short labor and that you were so shocked and excited to hear that she was a girl!