Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An activity a day...

Every year I have tried to do a Christmas advent calendar with an activity a day...this year I actually did it!  We did one activity a day starting December 1st all the way til Christmas Day.  Some of the things we did were: make sugar cookies, read a Christmas story, make snowflakes, sing Christmas songs, watch a Christmas movie, do a sticker book, color a picture, make a countdown Christmas chain.  Most of the activities weren't anything big, but Trevor loved coming downstairs every morning and opening the envelope to read what we were going to do.

The envelopes are hanging on the wall...I love this advent calendar idea.  It was very easy to make and I love how it looks.  I got it from this blog: inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
One activity was decorating gingerbread men and gingerbread house fronts
(much easier then the whole house :))
 Kate working away...
Jacob's work of art...
 Trevor with his finished product...
 Brooke with her finished work...

Another activity was watching a Christmas movie in a fort
 
Another activity was going to Brooke's dance recital.
My mom took the boys. 
 Brooke with her sisters after she danced
All the cousins! 

1 comment:

Crystal Nelson said...

How cute is that! I love the advent calendar a day. I tried doing Elf on a shelf and totally flopped. This idea is much more interactive. I will have to steal your idea!