Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas Eve...

For Christmas Eve we had Nick's brothers and Dad over for dinner.  Nick made almost the whole turkey dinner by himself...I just helped a little here and there.  He did a wonderful job and it tasted delicious!  After dinner we did the Nativity story.  This year we started a new tradition with... Nativity puppets.  (Side story, about 4 years ago one of Jeana's friend gave her this adorable Nativity puppet set and ever since I saw them I wanted to make them for myself.  Well, I bought all of the stuff to make them four years ago, and did nothing with it and it just sat in my basement in a box.  So for whatever reason this was going to be the year I made them...and I could not have done it without Jeana and my mom!  Thank you so much for all of your help.  They turned out so cute and I am so excited to use them every year.)

The puppets had a script and a cd that had Christmas songs on it that we used.  Nick was the narrator and we all had multiple puppets that we were. 

Ellie was baby Jesus
 Trevor was the wise men
 Jacob played the donkey
 The puppet show in action...

 After we did the Nativity story the boys got to open two presents, Christmas Eve pajamas and a book.  
Here the boys are in the pj's.  Jacob hands are spraying spider webs at me!
 Picture of the girls on Christmas Eve...
 Picture of the boys on Christmas Eve!


1 comment:

Bryson and Tara said...

I love those puppets. What a great idea! And, wow. Nick made a turkey dinner? I've never dared do that... I'm impressed!