Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Playing Catch Up...

I am a little behind in my blogging, so I decided I would sit down tonight and try to catch up a little bit..(I took the pictures and some of the text from my sister, thanks Jeana). So here goes--
January...
At the end of January my Mom and Dad came into town. My dad had some things to do at the Family History Library during the day but in the evening we hung out and played games and ate Cafe Rio...delicious! During the day, we hung out with my mom. We went DIing (which I love and I bought books!) and shopping and out to eat at the best cafe in SLC...it is called Cafe de Normandie in Holladay. They have great food. Funny story about eating there this time: While we were getting ready to pay at the checkout counter, my mom said should would stand in line while Jeana and I put the kids in the car. One of the waitresses thought we were skipping out on the bill and ran after us!!! We laughed so hard!
We also had the chance to go to the Draper Temple open house with my Mom and Dad. It was such a neat experience. It was a little stressful because it took about 2 1/2 hrs. and Trevor was getting tired and they wanted you to be quiet, but it was so amazing! He and Brooke loved the cookies and water that they had at the church at the end--as did I.
It was great having Grandma and Grandpa come!
Brooke split water all over this chair. It was pretty funny!
Also this same weekend my friend from high school was in Salt Lake for a business trip and Jeana and I had the chance to meet up with her for a few minutes and chat. It was so great seeing her again, we hadn't seen her since my wedding.
March...
The first weekend in March Jeana and I took a quick trip to Rexberg, Idaho. We stopped at Maddox Drive-In in Brigham City (they have the best raspberry shakes and Lime Sodas) and got some yummy food and headed on to Rexburg. We hung out with Nessa and her roomies for awhile (while Josh watched Donkey Basketball...it is fairly sad that donkeys were cooler than us-j/k) and then went to Fongs with both of them (the basketball had ended) and then to Frontier Pies for dessert. At Frontier Pies we laughed so hard they thought we were drunk and Nessa had the hiccups (enough said if you know her) and it was HILARIOUS!!! It was a great night. The next day we went to Idaho Falls and saw some of our roommates from college. It was so nice to see them and just talk and laugh. We went to the Olive Garden and had the soup/salad combo and just caught up on each other's lives. It was so great to see everyone.
On March 18, it was a nice day outside so Jeana and I decided to take Brooke and Trevor to Murray park to feed the ducks. We only had a few slices of bread and some English Muffins. The ducks were not a huge fan of the English Muffins. It was a lot of fun and Trevor and Brooke had a great time!

At the end of March Jeana and Rob at the chance to go to Hawaii! They had a great time. I also had a great time because my Mom came into town to watch Brooke while they were gone. It was so much fun hanging out with her. Trevor loves her so much...he let her do a lot of things for him because I had to help Brooke. Anytime my mom went to help her, she always said Julie do it! (Unless I wasn't around then my mom could help her)! It was nice to see Trevor warm up to my mom. I love you mom.
So while Jeana and Rob were getting "Lost" in Hawaii (they film some of Lost at a place that they went...)

We did some fun and exciting things...were rode the carousel at the mall, went to the aquarium and saw the fish, and went to Ikea (my Mom had never been there)!! Thanks for coming Mom it was so fun to have you here! (Here is Trevor at the aquarium from a different time, just thought I would post it.)

1 comment:

Jeana Bird said...

Finally a new post! Thanks again for watching Brooke while we were in Hawaii...love the posts.