Thursday, January 29, 2009

Throw Up Anyone...

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and did not post it because I didn't have a picture. I still don't have a picture, but I decided to post it anyways so I can remember this story!
Trevor hasn't been feeling good the last few days so I took him to the doctor Wednesday, January 28 (that was an interesting experience) and he prescribed an antibiotic and an asthma inhaler (I left not really knowing why...). I don't think anything is seriously wrong with him, just a cold/flu bug. Well, Wednesday night at around 7:30 PM I gave him the antibiotic. Guess what he did--he threw up. No big deal, wasn't a ton. It got all over him and I, but I cleaned it up and Trevor got a bath out of it which he loved. He splashed and splashed and got water everywhere--but he loved it. It was great to see him laughing. So Thursday night I go to give him his medicine, thinking Wednesday night wouldn't repeat itself, would it? It was around the same time, 7:30 PM and guess what he did...yep, he throw up again. This time it was about twice as much. I had him positioned close to the sink in the kitchen, but only part of it got in there, most got on the floor and the cupboards and some on us. He got another bath out of it and he loved it again. Needless to say, I called the doctors office on Friday. They had such a crazy day that the doctor didn't call me back until 6 PM and I didn't talk to him he left a message. He told me that I should try the third dose and then bring Trevor in on Saturday. I was not looking forward to giving him the antibiotic Friday night, guess what--he did not throw up, it was great. We took Trevor in on Saturday. I left the doctors office feeling a lot better about the situation; and, no I don't think Trevor has asthma. Tonight Trevor is doing much better, he actually ate something besides drinking his milk which is all he has done for the last 6 days. On a positive note Trevor was the most cuddliest he has been since he was a baby--I miss those days!

1 comment:

Kellie Glade said...

I'm glad that he is feeling better. Raegan hasn't been feeling very well the past couple of days either. It sure makes me grateful when they are healthy, right :)