Thursday, January 15, 2009

A post out of order...

Below you will find a number of posts that I did--they are in no particular order--sorry for the randomness. They are just of what has been happening the last couple of weeks.

So to start it off a funny story about a clock--
I don't think I can write this story and convey how funny I thought it really was, but I am going to try: Those who know me, know that I love a good find/bargain so I love to look on KSL. For the last couple of months I have wanted a big clock for my kitchen. So about everyday I would go on KSL and see if I could find one. Well, on this Saturday, January 3, 2009 I found one--I didn't know for sure if I loved it, but the price was great and the size was perfect. So I called on it. She lives in Highland but says she is going to Clearfield so she could meet me off the freeway on 72nd. Perfect. I tell Nick the great news. His response "Do we really need a clock?" My response "Yes!" So I go and meet her. The clock is still in the box that it came in. I didn't want to waste this ladies time so I just buy the clock. I don't open it to look at it, I see the picture on the outside and it looks cute so I just buy it. I was so excited it was going to be perfect. Well, I get home and take it out of the box (it had never been opened) and put a battery in it. The ticker doesn't work. Okay no big deal, I will just have to buy a new one. This clock is still going to be great. So I decide I want to see what it looks like hanging up-- see if I like the size of it. So as I am hanging it up on the wall--guess what I do... I dropped it!!! Yep, that is right, I dropped it on the floor. I thought I had it on the screw but apparently not because the next thing I know it is on the floor--and broken! It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh. Nick got home that day and asked "Where is the clock?" My response "Funny story about the clock!" It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing to tell Nick. Right now I still am laughing. So no clock.
Moral of the story: "Do we really need the clock?" "Yes", I will try again another day to find the perfect clock, only this time, I will have Nick hang it up!

8 comments:

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

I love all the post and the new blog looks great! You are the best mommy and you have such a great family!

Erin said...

I found the clock story very amusing! Nick's response "do we really need a clock?" sounds just like something Kyle would say! :) I'm always finding something I HAVE to have for our house!

P.S. I did the same thing when I tried making Blake jammie pants a last year without a pattern!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Cute posts Julie! I am so glad that you can laugh at your clock story! Looks like your play group is a LOT OF FUN! I really miss my littel groupie...maybe one day I will find one again ;)

angela said...

I'm impressed you are laughing! Good sport. :-)

Kellie Glade said...

It was fun to read all of your posts. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. That is very funny about the clock...totally something I could see myself doing. Trevor is so handsome and getting so big.

Lizzy said...

Cute new backgroud! I can't wait to see the perfect clock when it is found :-)

Haley said...

hah! reminds me of the time i was wrapping a tie for jason for a present and i cut off the end as i was cutting the wrapping paper. tee hee. we do silly things sometimes. i hope you find another clock!!!

Emily M said...

That is funny about the clock. It seems like that happens to me a lot. I spend a lot of time on something only to have all of my work nullified somehow in the end. But that's life, I suppose. At least you can laugh about it-- that's always worth it. Your new blog is so cute. Good job.
How did you figure out how to do it?