Thursday, January 15, 2009

Merry Christmas to all...okay it is a little late...

We had a great Christmas. We stayed here and spent time with Nick's family. It was so fun.
On Christmas Eve we had a small dinner with Nick's mom (Cyndi), Brad, and Nick's dad (Kim). We just had sandwiches and salad, easy, but good. Then we played some games as soon as Trevor was in bed.
Picture of Trevor with Grandpa Kim on Christmas Eve!

Picture of Trevor with Grandma Cyndi on Christmas Eve!
After everyone left or settled down for the night I turned on Little Women to watch. It is a Wadsworth girls family tradition that was started at least 10 years ago. All the girls would stay up and watch it. We even assigned each sister a character--guess who I am? Beth! So once everyone started to move away we all got a copy, so we could still watch it no matter where we were. Everyone still does it. Sometimes I do fall asleep, but not this year. I watched the whole thing--Nick didn't think I would, but I did and I still cry every time Beth dies.

Then Christmas morning I awoke bright and early 6 AM, no not in anticipation of what was under the tree--but, for some reason I have been given the lucky task of making cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning for the last couple of years. I don't mind, but it does require I get up early. Then about 9 AM we woke Trevor up (yep, he slept in really late). And we opened gifts with Nick's dad and brother Heath. It was so fun this year to watch Trevor open the presents. He loved it.



After we opened gifts we headed over to Jeana's house for breakfast. We have done this the last couple of years. It was fun because we got to wear our Christmas Eve pajama's over to their house. I decided to make pj's for Nick, Trevor and I this year. A few people that I know do this and I loved the idea so I decided to do it. The pj's turned out--only after I decided that I needed a pattern and help from my mom on the phone. For some reason I think I am this amazing seamstress (but I am not) and I didn't think I needed a pattern for Trevor's. Well, after I had made his without a pattern I tried them on him and they wouldn't go over his diaper, I didn't allow for a bum (my mistake). So I went and got a pattern and more fabric and they turned out.

After Jeana's house we came home and got ready to go to Cyndi's house. She lives in Provo. It snowed a ton on Christmas Eve and Christmas day so I kept asking Nick if he really wanted to drive all the way down there--he said yes. So we did and it was a wonderful day. We rode some snowmoblies on her street for a few mintues.
We had Nick's favorite dinner, lasagna. Cyndi makes the best lasagna, so I don't even like to try. I was glad she made it because now I won't have to for awhile. It was great to be with Nick's family and spend the day hanging out. Here is a Christmas day picture of us.
Here is a picture of Trevor the day after Christmas playing with his toys. He is such a cutie! He got a tool set from my mom--he is wearing the saftey goggles!

We had a wonderful Christmas season. It is the best time of year. I love all the memories we made and the traditions we started. We hope everyone had a great Christmas season as well.

1 comment:

Emily M said...

Looks like a great Christmas. You are so impressive-- cinnamon rolls....PJs.... sounds pretty perfect. We need to get together again soon. Jeana says you guys might be coming to visit Josh (and Janessa?), so we'll look forward to that. I had no idea our little brothers were roommates until a couple weeks ago. I think that's fun. Hopefully they do, too!