Monday, June 16, 2008

This last week...



This last week I had the chance to go up to Girl's Camp with the young women in my ward. It was so much fun. It was cold (at night), but it was a blast. I have always loved girl's camp, so it was fun to go up and get to participate in it again. It was so well organized by the camp director and her assistance that I just got to go up and have fun. Nick stayed home from work a couple of days and my sister Jeana watched Trevor for one day so that I could go. Thanks for doing that. I came home with a few funny stories that I should write in my journal. One though was my great fashion sense to keep the ticks away--putting my socks over my pants. I always did it when I was at girl's camp so I decided to do it again. I did look pretty funny--but the good news--No ticks!!!






Girl's Camp was a wonderful experience--I love how you get to be away from all of the hustle and bustle of the world for a few days to concentrate on what really matters.


I got back on Saturday morning just in time to clean up and get in the car to drive for 4 hours to Idaho Falls. Nick, Trevor and I got to spend time with family friends--Mike and Kerri--as they just adopted a little girl, named Taylor. It was so neat to spend time with them. Then we went up to Burley, Idaho to spend the night with Nick's dad. That night we went to a truck pull. If you have never been to a truck pull--you are missing out...



Then Sunday morning we went back down to Pocatello, Idaho so we could go to church with Mike and Kerri. It was a little bit of driving, but I am so glad that we could go and spend time with family and friends--it was a wonderful weekend. And Trevor did awesome in the car so that was really helpful.

It was a great week...

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I totally love the truck pulls. My dad use to take us to those all of the time, up at the fair grounds in Pocatello.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Wow...I really wish that I had the desire to travel more like you! Never been to a truck pull, but looks fun! I was crossing my fingers that I would get put into young women's in our new ward, but looks like they wanted me somewhere else! Good to hear what you have been up to!

p.s. Texanne lives in Houston (Katy) and has a little boy named Tarren. I LOVE keeping up with my pedagogy girls!

Tracy Smythe said...

I love your girls camp coutere! You wear it well! Girls Camp is such a neat experience. I have so many great memories from my YW days. You are such a fun leader...it's great the girls have someone so awesome to look up to!

Emily M said...

You! I can't believe you didn't tell me you were coming! Next time you guys have to come see us, too! Just kidding. I know how it goes. Things are so busy and crazy when you are on the road. I am just surprised that anyone ever comes to visit Idaho Falls. But if you ever do come again and need a place to stay or have dinner, we'd love to have you guys. I loved the pictures of your Girls' Camp fashion-- it brought back a lot of memories! Love you!