Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trip to Idaho

Over UEA weekend we headed to Idaho for a quick trip.  It was so much fun hanging out with my family.  While there, it was my mom's birthday so I tried to put together a little surprise party with my siblings.  It worked pretty good, she didn't suspect anything until she was coming home from dinner with my dad... when they drove past the house the lights were on, but when she came inside the lights were off...but she was pleasantly surprised.  Happy Birthday Mom!  

(Side story about the cake...my sister Janessa only had about 1 hour to make, bake and frost the cake and cupcakes.  The cupcakes weren't a problem, but the cake wasn't baking.  I felt like we were on cupcakes wars with the time crunch :).  But it worked out, the frosting was a little runny but it still tasted delicious!)    

One main reason I really wanted to go Idaho, of course to see my family, but also the Boise Temple is being rededicated in November so they are having an open house for a few weeks.  Nick and I were married in the Boise Temple so it was neat to take Trevor and Jacob to see it.  The temple is stunning (always was) but it is amazing now!  
Here is the group of my family that went. 
 Our family
 The boys loved playing, finding, and catching the leaves outside the temple as we were waiting to take pictures and head home. 

1 comment:

Bryson and Tara said...

That's great that you were able to be there for your mom's birthday as well as the rededication of the temple. Very cool!