Sunday, June 3, 2012

I am big kid now...

Jacob is growing up so fast...over the last few months Jacob has done the following:

1.)  no longer uses a binky (January).  We did the same thing we did with Trevor, we cut them one by one and threw them away and then Jacob and Nick would take them out to the dumpster, and then the trash man takes the broken binkies away.  To this day, Jacob will still tell me when the trash man comes that he is taking the broken binkies away, but it is okay because he is a big boy and doesn't need them.  It is so cute!   
2.) Started sleeping in a big boy bed (February).  He transitioned really well to sleeping in a big bed, and he doesn't get up once he is there. 

3.) He is somewhat potty trained (started in middle of April and I just now feel he has the hang of it at the end of May).  He wasn't as easy as Trevor was (Trevor was so easy) but Jacob is getting it!  He had his fair share of accidents, and anytime I would think to myself, he has it-he hasn't had an accident in a couple days, he would have an accident for the next two days.  So I stopped thinking that, but for the last two weeks he has been accident free!  So knock on wood, but I think he's got it!!! 

4.) And he no longer takes naps (end of April), much to my sadness, but he goes to bed so much easier and early now.  Nick and I also thought taking his naps away would help his sleeping through the night (that is something he hasn't mastered yet) but nope, but that is okay, he will get it! 

Jacob is such a big boy!

And for the most part he doesn't take a nap (he will fall asleep sometimes in random places)...this day it was about 5:30 and he fell asleep standing up on the kitchen chair...it was so funny!

1 comment:

Bryson and Tara said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that he isn't napping for you anymore! I told Soph that she needs to nap (or at least have quiet time in her room) until she's 4 years old... I know that sounds extreme...but she still naps about half of the time, so I thinks he needs it.

That's great that he's sleeping in his big boy bed so well, that he's binkie free, and that he's doing well with potty training. Yea, Jacob!