Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Y2K9--Zune Style

Setting up the story...
I got a Zune about a year and a half ago and for Christmas this year Nick got me a Zune speaker dock (he returned the Celine Dion tickets and got me this instead. He said I could listen to Celine whenever I wanted).
Today's story...
Well, this morning Nick went to go turn on the speaker and it didn't work. He pulled off the Zune and the screen was frozen with the zune loading screen. We thought that was strange so he went downstairs to Google it to see if there was something we could do and he found out this...
That sometime early this morning on Dec. 31, 2008 first time generation Zune owners with 30 gb crashed. My mom has 3 at her house and all 3 did the same thing. Microsoft has a post up saying they are aware of the problem and are trying to work on a solution. On the web someone says you can take the Zune completely apart and disconnect the battery--I don't really want to try that so I think I will just wait until Microsoft comes up with the solution. There are a few out there that might not be having this problem, but if you have attached it to a computer and had the updates you most likely have a Zune right now that doesn't work.
Crazy--Microsoft has a big glitch on their hands... it happened to a lot of people!
Ending of the story...
Hopefully my Zune will be working in a couple of days (if not it is okay, I just find it funny that I got speakers for it). It has been a good product so I hope they can fix it.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Good luck with the glich!