Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...

In great anticipation for Christmas which is less than two days away-last Friday, my sister-in-law and I took our kids (I took Trevor and my niece Brooke) to see Santa. It was a crazy couple of moments. First, I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because it was suppose to snow, and we all know how much I love driving in the snow. So, we decided to go a little earlier: We got to Santa's at about 12:40 PM (When we got to the mall, I had to wake both Brooke and Trevor up because they fell asleep in the car) and there was a sign that said Santa was feeding his reindeer until 1:45 PM. (But he was still there finishing up the line) Well, I didn't want to wait an hour because Brooke and Trevor needed a nap and lunch, and Santa's helper said we should stay in line because if we left and came back at 1:45 PM there would be a long line waiting. So what to do... I decided to stand in line and guess what? There were about 7 extra minutes before Santa was supposed to go to lunch so they let us go. Yeah! One small problem, my sister in law was above Santa (on the second level) waiting to go in the elevator to come down and the elevator wasn't working so she had to carry her son in his stroller down the stairs. Some nice person helped carry the stroller down. And yes, we could have done it a different time, or day--but it worked out! So just a reminder for everyone who wants to go see Santa he feeds his reindeer at 1:00 PM and they stop taking people to finish up the line at 12:30 PM. Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

So cute! I am amazed that none of the kids are crying!

Wendy said...

yeah I have to agree with Liz. what is a picture with Santa without at least one screaming child..... kind of sounds like we are lucky you weren't screaming, haha!